Monday, December 28, 2015

Terri Lee

You can read about this doll here:  http://dollreference.com/terri_lee_dolls.html
and the current owners of the business:
Youtube Video about the Terri Lee Doll
the official Website of Terri Lee Dolls today
https://terrilee.com/index.php

Her face grew on me.  I bought this off ebay with the understanding she was reproduction and had a cracked neck. Okay with me...but when I got her it was more then the neck. Seems the new reproductions had problems with the seams not holding. Poor glue job. So she got a GOOD glue job.
This is how she looked when I got her and the stages to her fixed self.
 She looks kind of "short" with no neck at all


 the legs were cracked too and I took them apart as well and reglued them. I didn't want to have to do it all over again.
she is marked 719 of 2000
today 12/30/2105 My #3 daughter brought me another Goodwill find.  ANOTHER TERRI LEE!.
This one I think is meant to be an AA version but I think she looks more like she is mixed. So after cleaning she got her eye color changed then dressed in an AG outfit I had made. She was made in 2006.



4 comments:

  1. What did you use to glue her? I am curious because I have a repro Terri Lee that has splitting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used Gorilla Crazy Glue. To make it easier for you to put back together remember how she comes apart. IF I had to do another I WOULD use a new longer piece of elastic coming from her head to make it easier to tie it off. If you have surgical sutures they make the job easier when tying the legs back on. The arms seemed to be okay. You have to glue and then hold long enough for it grab then lay aside and let dry really well. If you can pull on the seam and it gives a little then go ahead and open and re-glue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much! My momma has her original Terri Lee from the 50s, so when the reproduction dolls started rolling out, she bought most of them. We were sorting through them this past Christmastime, and noticed this same issue with the seam cracking at the neck and head. She bought a reproduction recently for my daughter's birthday, and when she arrived, the same seam-busting was happening in her, too. We successfully took her apart and glued her back together just yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great to hear! It is really sad they didn't use a better glue on them. But the vinyl AA I found has no seams as they are poured as a solid piece. So that was good on that. My next step is to find a 10" one and I will quit on Terri Lee. No enough space to house them all.

    ReplyDelete