Friday, April 16, 2021

DREAM BABY

 I neglected to take a before shot. She was in a shoe box at an antique  mall locally. She was loose in the joints so needed re-stringing. Her face paint was chipping off and she was missing a thumb. So these pictures are my progress to finish. Made by Arranbee of all composition. Late 1930s to early 1940s.  As they progressed with her they switched to open and shut eyes which to me didn't look as cute. The eyes could be forward or side glancing brown or blue. I did her the way she was. She is the infant body, 10" long,  though I think some later had the toddler body. Her hair is deeply molded though I have seen some that had the lambs wool short curly cap type wigs.  I like mine better just as she is.  Enjoy



After painting, re-stringing but pre thumb
She has a thumb now and fully dressed. Her clothes are fully removable and customized to her fit. I had some vintage patterns but none would fit this chubby little baby.








Now HOW cute is that!

3 comments:

  1. SO cute! I love all you have done for her!

    Hugs
    Brenda Savage

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful and I love the style of the dress and bonnet. One of my favorite colors is green! Looks so nice on her. Rosie in Michigan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies. I appreciate your comments

    ReplyDelete