Friday, April 16, 2021

TIN HEAD

 When I saw this one I was hesitant about buying her. She was 25% off the asking price so I took a chance. After I got her home and undressed her I didn't like how her body looked. It was leaking sawdust and one arm had a cloth instead of the leatherette upper arm like the other.  the legs from the knees down were pretty bad looking.  So I found another new/old body on Ruby Lane.  It is the right size and probably close to the same age. The Tin Heads were popular around 1905-1915. She is a German made  Minerva head.Needs her clothes now. 

Poor pale faced baby

Nasty body. not enough sawdust left to mess with. I will save it and try my hand at fixing it up some.

Inside the head. The eyes are set in a cement or plaster

the New/Old body I purchased to use.

Ready for some new duds.









No comments:

Post a Comment