Friday, April 5, 2013

Mary Hoyer

When I first saw a Mary Hoyer I didn't think much then.  But since I have been looking at compo repairs I had a chance to get a very sad Mary Hoyer. The EBay ad said she was tight and just had signs of age. WELLLLLLL  what I got was a shocker for sure.  Their idea of "tight" flops when I hold her side ways...their idea of age wear is a horrible paint job OVER some crazing and flaking compo.  Her wig was slapped back on when they put a layer of VARNISH on the doll... the eyes would not move.
 Painted over deep cracks, and build up of paint at hip
 yep she is real
 the face was painted over. Her lips and shadow and lashes...ARGHHHHH!
 VERY loose
 she would never hold  pose this way
 the fainting damsel in distress
 Deep crack painted over
 Took it all apart and she had paper stuck in the head to hold the eyes open.
I think, I hope I can get the eyes to looking right without resetting. That is what them funny pliers are for.  The poor wig was not only glued down badly, but was thread bare.


 I'd say she has a very pretty face now.


She can now stand without the help of a stand and be posed




No comments:

Post a Comment