Thursday, March 14, 2013

Sweetie Pie EFFANBEE

It was during a rough time in my life when I first happened upon this baby. Our church had aquired some property to use for a camp for our members. There was an old trailer that I was helping to clean out when I found this girl in a plastic bag. The mice had been at her but it was love at firs sight. My pastor said I could have her if I did not sell her. No problem there.  She was the start or rather the renewal of my love affair with dolls...As far as I can find out  she is from the WWll era.


These last few days I have been working on her and another compo doll. I guess it is about time too!
 face washed
 legs washed
 by EFFANBEE
 first layer of paint over compo fix
 the legs with new color and sealer
 should have flipped the photo
Now she has new hair and ready to dress...
Today 3/18/2013 I decided to dress her
 she needed her booties and bloomers
 Then of course a slip
 The dress!
And finally her bonnet... She is complete and I am happy. A good day's work.

2 comments: