Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Hug Me, Kiddie Play Pal 1930s

I was on Ebay and saw this baby just crying out for attention.

I was using a new compo product that I had not tried and I do not like the results...but good thing though. I can always do this over as she is mine...but she is now stabilized and not going to deteriorate further....


 I had to decide from these pictures to purchase her.  I just HAD to have her.


 To me the face was not that pretty. They weren't always imaginative then when doing mass produced.




 Okay so not the smoothest job in the world but now she has character.


 Did NOT want to make a new body so I chose to slip cover it.

 the arms that came on her were too small. so I found bigger ones. I like my dolls to be in better proportion.

 These shoes are vintage rubber and just the right size
 the original dress and bonnet she came in. Look different don't they.


 I made the bloomers for her.  I think it was better then the onsie thing that was on her.
Got a Sally Stanley Smocking Pleater and tried it out...the dress is entirely hand sewn.
She will do for awhile...


No comments:

Post a Comment