Wednesday, June 9, 2021

18" dolls

 I don 't JUST like old dolls...I just LIKE dolls.  I sew for others in testing and I sew for my own entertainment and I design a few patterns.  I have 14" too as the little sisters.  Lately I fell in love with an AG boy doll.  I like to take them and alter them a bit to suit me.  

The first one I call Shermie

 

Shermie reminds me of two of my grandsons... also my husband so that is how he got his name. From Sherman. 




 Next is Jake

Shermie has to have a friend 

He got freckles



Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete is an Apple Valley kit.  I liked his looks but for clothes the body is not good.  Okay on girls but for a guy in pants, the stride is too high so he ends up in high water pants from a normal pattern made for the 18" dolls.  So I went on Evil Bay and found someone who sells brand new AG bodies without heads... WALA.... Sneaky Pete looks normal now.



I am working on ONE more boy. Another Apple Valley head with an AG body. Same face mold as Sneaky Pete but with a light complexion, green eyes and red hair.  Name to be announced.

No comments:

Post a Comment