Monday, May 18, 2015

Hilary

In 1986 Dianna Effner put out a porcelain doll she called Hilary. The pouty face and blue eyes with that curly blonde wig just tugged at me. I couldn't afford that but I sure liked it. As the years past I still liked her whenever I saw her. I saw an opportunity to get a small one that was done in darker skin with brown eyes and I got her. She was wigged and dressed as you see. She looks like one of my girls.
I gave up trying to get the big one. One day  one of my girls called me from Goodwill. She sent pictures of a couple of porcelain dolls and one of them was the BIG Hilary. I told her to grab that one. She cost $19.99.  She is good quality porcelain from Effner's mold made by someone else. Even though not by the creator in construction, she would not have been cheap when made. Those molds cost a bit and the quality of the porcelain is great!.  don't know what she looked like when done but someone had glued a wig to her and then a child's dress was glued to her. That had to go

so her wig was removed, her body washed and I did a bit of blushing  and put a new wig on her. Now she awaits for clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment